Friday, August 8, 2008

Self Employed truths

A lot of people have said to me through the years "Wow it must be great to be your own boss". You get to set your own hours and days off.

I'm here to say that can't be farther from the truth, if you want to keep your business running.
You work around your customers hours and days off.

If you make no money for the day it's no ones fault but your own. Your working without a net
but you have a lot more job security. I have a hundred bosses. If I ever get "Fired" or a job falls through I have 99 more to fall back on. No resume' to write, no interviews, no suits and ties.

I get up at 7 am, 6 days a week and drag in at around 7pm every night. I average a 10 min. lunch with no breaks in between. Sometimes I don't get a lunch at all or not until 3 or 4 pm.

But I wouldn't change a thing. I love what I do.

No comments: